Assistant Screen Printer
Offbeat Press has an immediate opening for a reliable, efficient and detail-oriented person to join our growing print shop production staff. We are expanding and excited to bring on a part-time assistant printer to join our crew. Screen printing experience is GREATLY recommended, but we are willing to train the right individual.
This will begin as a part-time position with somewhat flexible schedule offering 12 – 20 hrs/week and is likely to grow to full time in Spring of 2016 with additional advancement opportunities for the right individual.
The Assistant Screen Printer is responsible for working with the production staff on technical apparel screen-printing, pre-press and post-press production with an emphasis on maintaining the quality and creativity that Offbeat Press is known for.
- Reliable, focused, detail-oriented, organized, efficient
- Ability to work independently, problem-solve, multi-task and possess strong communication skills
- Assisting with apparel screen printing + press operation
- Screen setup + tear-down
- Garment finishing heat-pressing, + tag printing
- Garment check-out + shipping or deliveries
- Cleaning used squeegees + ink knives
- Assisting with Quality Control
- Checking / Verifying screens
- Covering pinholes
- Taping screens
- Screen tear-down + pre-cleaning
- Screen cleaning + reclaiming
- Learning our pre-press production system
- Garbage + recycling + cleaning duties
- Assisting with shop maintenance
- Tracking + ordering supplies
- Learning to coat screens
- Learning to burn screens
- Ink mixing + cleanup as necessary
- Learning our production system
- Learning manual screen printing press operation
- Learning automatic screen printing press operation
- Working with a great group of creative people
Job Type: Part-Time with opportunity to grow to Full-time
Required education: High school diploma or equivalent
Required experience: Previous screen printing experience is preferred
Benefits: Paid time off, Paid holidays, Health Insurance, Profit Sharing and other perks are available to full-time employees.
Hours: Monday – Friday, 8am-5pm
Directions to Apply: To apply for this position, we request applicants send all information to us by email. For consideration, applicants should include all information in a single email to drew(at)theoffbeatpress.com. In your email correspondence please tell us why you want to work at Offbeat Press.
Thanks for your interest!