Assistant Screen Printer
Offbeat Press has an immediate opening for a reliable, efficient and detail-oriented person to join our growing print shop production staff. We are expanding and excited to bring on a part-time assistant printer to join our crew. Screen printing experience is recommended, but we are willing to train the right individual. This position requires a good amount of cleaning, attention to detail and an enjoyment of keeping a clean work area is essential.
This will begin as a part-time position with somewhat flexible schedule offering 12 – 20 hrs/week and is likely to grow to full time in Spring of 2018 with additional advancement opportunities for the right individual.
The Assistant Screen Printer is responsible for working with the production staff on technical apparel screen-printing, pre-press and post-press production with an emphasis on maintaining the quality and creativity that Offbeat Press is known for.
Job Type: Part-Time with opportunity to grow to Full-time
Required education: High school diploma or equivalent
Benefits: Paid time off, Paid holidays, Health Insurance, Profit Sharing and other perks are available to full-time employees.
Hours: Part-time with some flexibility between Monday – Friday, 8am-5pm
- Screen Printing experience is great, passion to learn the industry is more important
- Candidates must be: Reliable, Focused, Detail-oriented, Organized, & Efficient
- Ability to work independently, problem-solve, multi-task
- Must possess strong communication skills
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Assist with screen printing + press operation
- Assist with screen setup + tear-down
- Garment finishing heat-pressing, + tag printing
- Garment check-out + shipping or deliveries
- Assist with Quality Control
- Quality Control
- Screen prep
- Artwork Organization
- Work with Production Manager on various duties
- Screen Cleaning + Reclaiming
- Screen Takedown + pre-cleaning
- Clean used squeegees + ink knives
- Learn our pre-press production system
- Assist with shop maintenance
- General organization and cleaning
- Learn the Production Process
- Learn to Coat + Burn Screens
- Mix Custom Ink Colors
- Learn manual screen printing press operation
- Learn auto screen printing press operation
- Work with a good crew of people
Directions to Apply: To apply for this position, we request applicants send all information to us by email. For consideration, applicants should include all information in a single email to drew(at)theoffbeatpress.com. In your email correspondence please tell us why you want to work at Offbeat Press.
Thanks for your interest!